Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Just let go

I think most of the spiritual life is really a matter of letting go, ceasing to cling, ceasing to insist on our own way, ceasing to tense ourselves up for this or against that.
— Beatrice Bruteau
__________________________________________________

I try so hard Lord
I try so hard
to learn about you
to be a person who reflects the light of the sacred

I read
I worship
I pray (or try to)
I meditate

I take mindful walks
And even try to eat mindfully

I talk to myself
all the time….

but often that self-talk sounds
kind of like
“stupid, stupid, stupid”

I try to be for what you are for
and I try to fight the values and beliefs I think you abhor

I often do good work
I sometimes screw up
But way too often I am just tired
_________________

"My child my child
lighten up!
seriously!
it is the power of the sacred within
that provides the love
the energy
the wisdom you need

let go
just love me
and live
that will be enough
yes, it really will"

No comments:

Post a Comment