Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Lent 24 - in the quiet

I have a cause
we need those don’t we?
otherwise darkness and cold gets in
and everything starts to
ache

My soul has a purpose, it is
to love;

if I do not fulfill
my heart’s desire
I suffer
                                                Thomas Aquinas
__________________________________________________

Lazy mornings come
those rare days (not today)
where there is no agenda
when the calendar is white space
and nothing more

I sometimes dread those days
In the deep of winter
when the world is frozen
and my normal “causes”
my yard and pastures
are still asleep
an unready to come out and play

 those white spaces
have their reasons
for they take me beyond the shallows
into the deep

in silent moments
with computer and TV dark
my heart’s voice can finally be heard

and the call of the sacred can
echo in a silent soul

reminding me of my calling
the calling
and in that moment
be both fire
and salve

No comments:

Post a Comment