Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, April 14, 2014

Lent 36 - Hiding the Gospel



“Theologians have done more to hide the Gospel of Christ than any of its adversaries.”
― George MacDonald

___________________________________________________

I looked for God in a book
in the wise words of learned men
ah yes, and women too

amidst profundities galore I wandered
courting courtly terms
justified
sanctified
vicarious atonement
sin
redemption
salvation

more and more knowledge about God
I gathered into my mind
seeking to capture infinity in finite terms and concepts

tired I wandered out and looked to the sky
and there exposed
God’s grandeur shown

with quiet dignity
shining forth

Ah, the God who reveals
Sacred majesty on high
and brings me gently
to
that placed called
faith

what was lost
in a multitude of tomes
was found
in the stars
and a blood red moon

No comments:

Post a Comment