Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, May 3, 2014

Sacred Idleness

“Work is not always required. There is such a thing as sacred idleness.”
― George MacDonald
____________________________

Sitting in the dark
of a quiet room
every sound magnified
echoing
through silence

the clock
inexorably ticking ticking ticking

birds singing
the sounds muted by stolid walls

my body feels its own presence
my feet are solid on the ground
and for the moment
I am idle

drifting with the flow of the Spirit
immersed in calm

feeling my breath
move in and out
in and out

breathing in
breathing out

Breathing in, I calm body and mind.
Breathing out, I smile.

Dwelling in the present moment I know this is the only moment 

sacred

No comments:

Post a Comment