Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, June 2, 2014

Listen to your heart beat

“My mind is a neighborhood I try not to go into alone.”
― Anne Lamott

______________________________________________

what goes on in my mind
is not for amateurs
or the faint of heart

it’s a jungle in there baby!

regrets about things pasts
fears for the future

shadowy places where
odd creatures linger…
who knows what hides in the
nooks and crevasses

my mind is kind of a like a back alley
steamy and crowded
dumpsters full of rotting material
a babble of noise echoing
bouncing off
the wet brick walls

and yet, at the end of that alley
the sun breaks
and the world spreads brilliant and
full of light

there is clarity
and peace

and all I have to do to get there
is close my eyes
and breathe

and center

and listen to my heart

beat

and say a causal hello
to God

No comments:

Post a Comment