Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I want things SIMPLE

“I used to think that paired opposites were a given, that love was the opposite of hate, right the opposite of wrong. But now I think we sometimes buy into these concepts because it is so much easier to embrace absolutes than to suffer reality. I don't think anything is the opposite of love. Reality is unforgivingly complex.”
― Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life
_______________________________

I want it simple God
really!
do you think you can manage that?
I mean after all,
you are the creator of the universe

so here is the deal!
I want my bad people bad,
pure and simple
I don’t want to have to deal with the fact
that they are WAY to much like me

I don’t want to deal with the fact that they are
hurting
scared
confused
wounded

nope, just give me my villians in life
bad
hopeless
ugly

it is much easier to hate them that way

and while we are at it
I want my heroes (male and female)
good
I mean really really good
no flaws!

and I want love uncomplicated
and always joyful

and I want “right” to be 100%
right
you know,
unmistakable

oh!
yes!

and I want to know who I am (I know, I should know after 60 plus years)
and where I am supposed to go
and…
and…

what’s that you say?
slow down?
take a deep breath?

and remember?

yes remember!

1. that I am a ‘carrier’ of the sacred
2. that I can be contagious (or love can be)

really?

It is that simple?
It must be more complex than that!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment