Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, July 24, 2014

Life on spin-cycle

there used to be a carnival at our fair
complete with ferris wheel
and octopus
and ah
yes
the tilt-a –whirl

as a child as I thought only crazy people rode the tilt-a-whirl
as an adult I know that to be
truth

I don’t mind a little chaos
a little spin here
and there

no one has ever accused me of being
change resistant

and yet
sometimes I feel like a child in a tilt-a-whirl
and whoever is operating the thing
if someone is operating the thing
won’t let me
off

I mean really, enough is enough
right?

I am ready to have my feet firm back on the ground
old familiar
unchanging
I want everyone to leave everything
well enough alone

whether it be how to provide mental health care
or what I think I know about the Sacred
I want it all to stop
so I can just stand here

feet on solid ground
amidst the old and familiar
I want the same old certainties

I don’t want to have to struggle
with things that are unfamiliar
or new

just leave me be
thank you very much

but the sacred comes along
and just when my head stops spinning says
hey!
It’s a carnival
you can’t just stand here!

let’s try the roll-o-plane

Wheeeeee!
Urp!

No comments:

Post a Comment