Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, July 6, 2014

Sun Rise

I will never understand
people

I could stop right there
but the one’s I really don’t understand
are people who exercise in the morning

I mean really
who does that?!

in the morning my legs refuse to move
my head is fuzzy
my heart sluggish
and every ache and pain I carry in my
cadaver
is multiplied

so setting out for a walk in the early morning
is my version of
if not hell
purgatory

and yet
and yet

it is an amazing thing to be walking down a shadowy road
when the sun eases its way in to the sky

the feathered tips of the pasture grass
come to life, glowing, intricate
acres of dancing beauty rippling in the wind
cobwebs drift across my sight
silver threads floating gently

even the dust is lit from within
as it picks up the light

sun
light
Spirit
Illumination

there are things to be learned
early in the morning

No comments:

Post a Comment