Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, August 18, 2014

Lighten Up!

I think most of the spiritual life is really a matter of relaxing — letting go, ceasing to cling, ceasing to insist on our own way, ceasing to tense ourselves up for this or against that.
                                                                Beatrice Bruteau
__________________________________________

I walk in the almost darkness
the way is clear but
vague
in the early light

a distant honker
the hoot of an owl
the crunch of gravel beneath my feet
the only sounds
in the pregnant stillness

and the day seeks birth

“today” I vow
I am going strive to be
a true child of the sacred

today I will listen
and care
today……

and through the silence the sacred spoke

“lighten up
today just
yourself

try it!
You’ll like it…”

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful thought to begin today, Stephen. The Browning and Bruteau quotes are gems, too. (Okay, I'm a little behind *grin*)

    ReplyDelete