Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A state of mind

Perception is a choice
of what you want yourself to be;
the world you want to live in,
and the state in which you think your mind
will be content and satisfied.
It chooses where you think your safety lies,
at your decision.
It reveals yourself to you as you would have you be.
                                                Gifts from a Course in Miracles, Vaughn & Walsh, Eds.
___________________________________

how I perceive the world
is a reflection
of inner choices I have made

scary thought

what I choose to believe
merely mirrors, in many cases
what I have chosen to believe
about the Sacred
about the world
about myself

What does it mean
When I believe, or pretend to believe that ISIS is gathering “to the south”
to attack American (the world is not safe, Muslims are horrible?)

when I see that homeless person
that mother struggling in poverty
as lazy and deficit (I live in a world of scarcity, there is only so much to go around, and I am going to be SURE I get my share?)

what does it means when the Sacred is
MY Sacred, and is not your Sacred
when the Sacred is for me and not you
when the Sacred is a power focused on retribution and punishment?
(God is not love after all?)

What would it mean
to see what I choose to believe about the world around me
as reflective of what I have chosen to believe inside
at the center of who I am?

No comments:

Post a Comment