Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, September 7, 2014

And So I Walk

“Prayer without study would be empty. Study without prayer would be blind.
                                                                                                Karl Barth
___________________________________________________

the sun rises
fiery red
as if to convince me that there is
life
for the having

brown dust explodes beneath my feet
as underneath this angry sky
I wander
feeling singularly empty
disconnected

the plaintive query of my soul
echoes through the vast empty chamber
which this day
this moment
is me

is anybody in here?

I am pretty sure I am in there someplace
I am even more sure the Sacred waits
Aching to be found

but in this moment
my soul is an echo chamber

and so I walk
left foot, right foot
left foot
breathe

and I have compassion on myself

“May I find the Sacred within
  May I find myself, again
  In the light of unwavering love
  May my body be healed
  May my mind be healed
  May my heart be healed
  May my soul be healed
  May I be at peace”

and so I walk

No comments:

Post a Comment