Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, September 12, 2014

Forgiveness

Sometimes I love the lectionary
(do you know what that is?)

sometimes I hate it
this week
I am forced into forgiveness
Joseph the abandoned
70 X  7
welcome the weak in faith

and is 9/11 week too

damn

it occurs to me
that this may be where we as those
who would follow Christ
have a big problem

a BIG problem

A BIG PROBLEM

because we have bought into a paradigm
that involves domination

we must win
we must be over
we must have the power
we must be in control

they are wrong
they are less
they are bad
they are
well, not really of value

and yet
it is clear
so clear
achingly  clear
that I must somehow
let go of the anger
the hate
I must lay the burden down
or be slowly
inexorably
crushed by it

forgive
the terrorists?
Bush?
active shooters
those who have hurt me
those whose beliefs don’t line up with mine?

how do I do that?
what does that look like?

ah
Sacred One
I have so much to learn

No comments:

Post a Comment