Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, September 20, 2014

I have no neutral thoughts

Every thought you have
brings either peace or war;
either love or fear…… I have no neutral thoughts
                                Gifts from a Course on Miracles, Vaughn & Walsh, Eds.
_______________________________________

I do not choose the world I live it
it has a life of its own

I cannot deny the beauty
of mountains and trees
winding waters

the poignant beauty of a doe and her fawn

nor can I deny the ugliness
the hate and prejudice
the greed

ISIS exists
so too the 1%, the robber barons of our time

but I can choose how I think

I have no neutral thoughts
and I can choose to think in ways
that nurture the horror, the hate, the fear, the anger

or I can choose to think in ways
that nurture love, and tolerance, and acceptance

and how I think
determines how I feel
and how I feel
determines how I live

how then will I choose
how then will I now live?

No comments:

Post a Comment