Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, September 29, 2014

New Eyes


“For things to reveal themselves to us, we need to be ready to abandon our views about them.”
― Thích Nhất Hạnh,

________________________________________________

sometimes I am so insightful I scare myself
its uncanny
really

how well I can read another person
how brilliant I am about what needs to happen in our country
how I can know just what another person needs to do

I mean I know
I know
that the guy over there
yes that one

is a loser
no doubt about it
he will never amount to anything

I know she is
an regulated mess

I know that relationship
will never work

and yet
the path behind me is littered
with insights gone awry

with situations that were nothing like they seemed,
with sure winners
who faltered and failed
and total losers
who pulled it together and found a way
to grow, and flourish, and succeed

and how often have I trapped others
in my perception of them
how often have I defined them
wrongly

how often have i trapped myself in fear an anger
because of belief
I could not release?

perhaps
do you think
I need to
you need to…
we all need to let our eyes
be renewed?

Jesus eyes
Buddha eyes
Sacred eyes

humble eyes
loving eyes
compassionate eyes

eyes that know
there is more
much more
than they can see

eyes of hope

No comments:

Post a Comment