Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, September 19, 2014

The Spiritual life

I think most of the spiritual life is really a matter of relaxing — letting go, ceasing to cling, ceasing to insist on our own way, ceasing to tense ourselves up for this or against that.
                                                                                                Beatrice Bruteau
______________________________________

the morning stretches before me
already
I am behind
I got up an hour late
I feed the horses an hour late
I wandered around the pasture in my pajamas setting sprinklers
I read the comics
I sipped at my coffee

I have not worked on my sermon
I have not finalized my talk for the “World Day of Peace”
I have not opened my work email
I have not even fixed myself breakfast

I am just sitting here
sipping coffee
watching patches of morning sun creep through the trees
watching the birds ravage my feeders

how very spiritual
of
me

No comments:

Post a Comment