Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, October 9, 2014

Accept only love

Accept only loving thoughts in others
and regard everything else as an appeal for help
                                                Gifts from the Course In Miracles,  Vaughn & Walsh
___________________________________________________

that person
hurt me
that person
is against me
that person
is lying about me
that person
is being unfair to me

so we sometimes walk through our day
interpreting the actions of others
as malicious and spiteful

as behaviors designed to hurt, wound
and offend

and we respond
often in kind

Oh for “magic eyes”
for “Jesus eyes”
so that I can see into the dark place
into that deep place
where hurts and fears are born and nurtured

so that I can understand
the cry of their hearts
and respond
not from my own place of hurt and fear

but from that place of
compassion and grace
from that place within me
where God dwells
___________________________________

For in him (God) we live and move and have our being
Acts 17 (Paul on Mars Hill)

No comments:

Post a Comment