Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, October 5, 2014

Ah, Love!


Love sometimes wants to do us a great favor: hold us upside down and shake all the nonsense out.
Hafiz
_________________________________________

ah love!
ah sweet mystery of life

sometime I like to think
that love really is the domesticated thing we create

‘love is never having to say you are sorry”
“love is a single soul inhabiting two bodies” (Aristotle, he should have known better)
“love is a feeling you feel when you feel like you have a feeling you never felt before”

Pfffffft!

love is  awesome
make no mistake about that
and
Sacred love points the way

this love created the mountain I look at each day
created the deer (bless their hearts)
and birds

Sacred love created the amazing people around me
and makes sunrises and sunsets

but love cannot be domesticated
but Sacred love also trod the dirt of this creation
and this love challenged that in this world
which has to go

and even the Sacred knew love is sometimes painful
for love was also the cross

I think I probably need to change my definition of love
or at the very least my expectations
for I fear love often comes my way
and I never see it

yes love is in a touch
a kiss
it is in the beauty of creation

but it is also in the challenge
the roll of the eyes

it is in the honest statement which hurts
it is in the challenge offered
when I wander off the way
it is in the person who is totally angry at me – but stays

sometimes love wraps me in warmth
but sometimes it holds me upside down and shake all the nonsense out.

love is a many splendored thing, just not in the
I think 

love is not tame

No comments:

Post a Comment