Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, October 13, 2014

If I could do it over

“I agree with the realistic Irishman who said he preferred to prophesy after the event.”
                    G.K Chesterton
__________________________________________________

if I had it to do over again

Yes!  A do over
I want a do over!

not one, or two
but hundreds, thousands
no more,
I am not a greedy man

If I had it to do over
I would try harder at math

I would be braver, and ask some girls out,
geeky high school kid that I was

I would have focused more
Rather than try everything
a jack of all trades, the master of none!
I would have become the master of something

If I had it to do over again
I probably would take that last paragraph back,
I like doing all the things I do

If I had it to do over
I would study English not theology
and chase down my dream of news casting
or righting columns (Dave Barry, watch out) rather than preaching

mostly I would slow down
be more presence
be kinder
listen more
be more concerned about building others us,
than building up myself

I would give more
take less

and there are definitely some choices
I wouldn't make (ouch)

but I cannot do it over
all I have
is what is in front of me
what is next

and while I can’t do it over
I can do it differently!

Starting
now

No comments:

Post a Comment