Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, October 30, 2014

Light in the Darkness

“Light will someday split you open”
― Hafez
_______________________________

what I carry in my soul
what ferments there
down deep at the center of my being matters

if I carry darkness
soon the dank rot of fear and hate
will multiply and spread
and I will implode
collapsing in upon myself
becoming a shadow
a cipher

walking the earth
bitter and fearful
sucking light out of the world
and leaving a trail of darkness

if what I carry is light
soon the light
which cannot be contained with grow
and soon burst forth unbidden

splitting open
heart and soul
and opening me to the world
opening me to the source of all Light

and there will be less of me
(that is what happens when we are broken open)

and more of the Sacred
there will be less fear
and more hope
less hate
and more love

A Sacred one
In dark time
fill me with your light!
then break me open

No comments:

Post a Comment