Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, October 31, 2014

Still I Dance

“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”
― Rumi
-----------------------------------------------

everything hurts
and what doesn’t hurt
doesn’t work

sometimes it seems like
I am defined by my wounds

oh I have them
my body is laced with scars
white lines on knees (5)
and shoulders

where tendons and cartilage and bone
have been repaired

my body carries its wounds clearly

not so clearly the scars
on heart and mind and soul

lost love
bad choices
people hurt and betrayed

things that make my heart
my soul
ache

and still
in this broken vessel
the Sacred dwells

and still
love stirs

and I stand again
and breathe
again
and try
again

and
the dance goes on

No comments:

Post a Comment