Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A Psalm

“I will take the sun in my mouth
and leap into the ripe air
Alive
with closed eyes
to dash against darkness”
― E.E. Cummings

_____________________________________

I will rail against the darkness

though the forces of evil
the forces of greed and hate
are powerful

yet will I stand in defiance
the liars
the manipulators
may win

the oppressors may trod
on women
and trample minorities under foot

yet will I stand
and look to the mountains
and the sky

and breathe deep
the sacred Presence
and I will know

peace

for the Presence
the love of the Sacred one
is as eternal as the mountain
and as big
as the sky
and as close as my breath

No comments:

Post a Comment