Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, November 13, 2014

Mornings with God

Most of us no longer enjoy a sacred consciousness in our world, and Sunday services do not appear to overcome this. We really are disconnected from one another and the divine, and are thereby unconscious. Religion's main and final goal is to reconnect us (re-ligio) to the Whole, to ourselves, and to one another—and thus heal us. When you just keep telling people how unworthy they are, it seems to become a self-fulfilling sermon.
                                                                                                Richard Rohr
__________________________________________________________

I read
and read some more
I study and think
and pray and worship

I write sermons
and put together liturgies

I write blogs
and post on facebook

but in the end
it is walks in the open spaces
beneath my beloved mountain
it is rubbing noses with Sadie (alpha mare)
and snuggling with Tess the Wonder Cat

it is listening to  a person with mental illness
and sitting with a man whose wife has died

it is singing a song of joy
that lifts my heart

why?

because it is in such moments that union
and communion happen
it is in such moments that I meet myself
and others
and it is in such moments
that I meet

God

No comments:

Post a Comment