Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Earth Touching 5 - Forgiving, Seeking Forgivness

Earth Touching 5
In understanding and compassion, I bow down to reconcile myself with all those who have made me suffer.
I open my heart and send forth my energy of love and understanding to everyone who has made me suffer….. I know that these people have themselves undergone a lot of suffering and that their hearts are overloaded with pain, anger and hatred. I pray that they can be transformed to experience the joy of living so they will not continue to make themselves or others suffer.’
                                                                                        Thich, Nhat Hanh

2015-01-14 13.10.03-1
There are those who have made me suffer
Who have twisted my heart
Until it hurt
With a pain almost unbearable
And I know,
Oh yes I know full well
That the anger and hate
The cruelty that has emerged from them
Even the rejection
Has come from places deep within
If I can remember that
this pain all comes from pain
somewhere

from a hurt
a slight
from abuse and molestation…..
if I can say to myself
“how would I have to be feeling to act like that? !”
I can begin, just begin, to understand
But I go beyond bowing to those who have hurt me
and bow also those I have hurt
those I have neglected
or lied to
mislead
misguided
those I have pushed away when I should have drawn them close
those I have pulled close when I should have kept my distance
I bow to those whom I have used to meet my needs
While I have forgotten theirs
Forgiveness of others is a difficult and complex thing
Forgiveness of one’s self may be even more complex
And more difficult
So I bow to the hurt
The pain
The anger
And I ask the sacred to do what only the Sacred One can do
To transform
To move those have hurt me
And those I have hurt
Out of those places that create such pain
And resurrect in them
hope and joy
And raise
New life
Out of the ashes
Of resentment
And regret

No comments:

Post a Comment