Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, January 12, 2015

Earth Touchings 2

Earth Touchings 2

In gratitude I bow to all generations of ancestors in my spiritual family!


We have all had teachers
Some when we were young
Some when we were older

Not all of my teachers would agree with each other
Some would downright disagree!

But they were all people with open hearts
And loving souls
And a passion for the sacred

And they were all people who transformed me

Today in gratitude I bow to Pansy Lewis
Receptionist
Sunday School teacher
The woman who taught me to make Palestinian villages out of salt dough
but who also instilled in me a deep respect for God

Today In gratitude I bow to Steve Hayner
President of Columbia Theological Seminary
And suffering from cancer
But when I knew him, a laughing delightful lover of God
Who taught me there was way more to being connected to the sacred than I believed

Today in gratitude I bow to George Hendry
Who in his last year at Princeton Seminary taught me about humility and kindness

Today in gratitude I bow to Donna Fuhrman who taught me
that those who speak loudest for God have really big hearts
and arms that enclose everyone

Today in gratitude I bow to the members of the Lostine Presbyterian Church
who love God, love each other, serve their community, feed the hungry, clothe the naked
and love the outcasts

today I bow in gratitude to those who have transformed the suffering in myself and the world
and are passing on their awakened states to those around them.

Today as I took my morning walk
I had lots of very good company as me feet touched the earth

No comments:

Post a Comment