Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, January 3, 2015

Metamorphosis

Lord
 There is a big devil called
Discouragement
We ask you to send him way because he is bothering us
                                                Haitian prayer (quoted in Perseverance by Margaret J Wheatley)
________________________________________

up and down
down and up
so we go

sometimes high and happy, soaring with the eagles over the mountains
sometimes low and crawling, inching our way through rotting slime

we can go from thankfulness to resentment in a  nanosecond
we can go from feeling pretty darned pleased with ourselves

to feeling like the lowest worm in worst garbage heap in the universe
all because

well, frankly because we are human
and sometimes we do great things
and sometimes we slip back into patterns and behaviors we thought we had left behind

yet it is the same person who soars
as crawls
and the same Sacred presence that animates
and the same Sacred love that fills
in each moment

The Sacred is always the same
we are always the same
the only thing that really changes is
the way we think and feel

and that is all us
that is all in our head

some mornings
I just have to shake my head
Vigorously
And make silly noises with my mouth
And dance? around my living room

Until I return to myself
and am ready to start my day!

How God must laugh
And clap hands with delight
at my antics

my
sacred dance of
metamorphosis

No comments:

Post a Comment