Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, February 7, 2015

God is

God to enfold me,
God to surround me,
God in my speaking,
God in my thinking.

God in my sleeping,
God in my waking,
God in my watching,
God in my hoping.

God in my life,
God in my lips,
God in my soul,
God in my heart.

God in my sufficing,
God in my slumber,
God in mine ever-living soul,
God in mine eternity.

Ancient celtic oral traditions - carmina gadelica
____________________________________________

it has been a long time coming
this rain
welcomed and despised

I slog down the road
the earth sucking at my feet
as I make my way down our dirt road

my head is bowed against
the brazen wind that still gusts
and the rain
that steadily falls

I curse the darkness
But my soul knows  -  God is here
In this wet sloppy darkness
just as much as in the brilliant sunrises

the rain will become
the flowers, the grass
the fresh life of spring

all of life works together toward good
when we remember
God enfolds us
God is everywhere
God is in every thing
God is!

No comments:

Post a Comment