Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, February 19, 2015

Having Wings


“I want to think again of dangerous and noble things.
I want to be light and frolicsome.
I want to be improbable beautiful and afraid of nothing,
as though I had wings.”
― Mary Oliver
_________________________________________

the hawk sits in his tree
 a massive old snag
here he perches every morning, surveying his domain
he screams a complaint into the air 
and then soars
into the sky
toward the sun

wild and free
effortlessly

ah
I would love to soar
to spread my wings
I would love to frolic, to spin and swirl
to feel the incredible lightness of being that comes

from being borne
by the wind of the spirit


No comments:

Post a Comment