Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, February 12, 2015

Lavished with the Divine

You were within, but I was without
You were with me, but I was not with you
So you called
You shouted
You broke through my deafness
You flared, blazed and banished my blindness
You lavished your fragrance, and I gasped
                                                                St. Augustine, Confessions

________________________________-

my eyes wander to the broken concrete
the abandoned building
the broken down care

my body focuses on pain
and stiffness

and my heart is made heavy
as I read of yet another child
gone
killed by a gun

my values are assaulted by legislators
who feed the fat cows of wall street
but starve children
and abandon the old

I am assailed from without
by the darkness
by the ugliness of it all

within is the deep pool of Sacred love
is God
present as Spirit
roaring like wine, burning like fire

when I reach deep and touch the Sacred
nothing is changed, everything is changed

and I gasp
lavished by love

No comments:

Post a Comment