Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, March 2, 2015

Dance of Love

Every
Child
Has known God,
Not the God of names,
Not the God of don’ts,
Not the God who ever does
Anything weird,
But the God who only knows four words
And keeps repeating them, saying:
“Come dance with me.”
Come
Dance.
                                                Hafiz
_________________________________

I walk through the day
With feet of clay
mired by the mud
of the world
which sucks and clings

and steals the vigor from my step

head down I trudge
afraid to look up
for fear of what I might see

I do not want to see the wicked flourish
to see those hungry for power and wealth
lie, and oppress

I do not want to see willful ignorance
and fear and hatred abound

and so my feet are bound to the earth

but then the Sacred stirs in my soul

and my heart lifts
and my feet are freed
and I am
freed
to dance
the dance of
love

No comments:

Post a Comment