Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I will stick with love

― Martin Luther King Jr
“I have decided to stick to love...Hate is too great a burden to bear.”

___________________________

It drags me down
this hate I feel for the oppressors
this hate I feel for those who would turn God
into an abusive parent

this hate I feel for the lies
and the misrepresentation,
for the greed
for the harm and hurt
inflicted upon the weak and vulnerable

it drags me down this hate
I feel for the haters ( but after all, what at times am I?)

this morning I walk in the early dawn
and listen to the birds sign
manic woodpeckers seem to be on every tree

the mountain looms
and fresh fallen snow lies on the ground
clouds swirl

there is grandeur everywhere
perhaps
It is time to lay down my anger

perhaps I need to stick to love
and travel
light

No comments:

Post a Comment