Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, March 16, 2015

That I might Rise

“This is what the things can teach us: to fall, patiently to trust our heaviness. Even a bird has to do that before he can fly.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke
_____________________________________

there is a heaviness to my soul
as if I carry in me
every hurt, every disappointment
I have had

As if I carry in me the pain and anguish of the world

At times I would like to leave this weight behind
That I might rise
Into the sky

and yet I know
the true gift
is to take flight

to move into the realm of the Sacred
whole

with all that soars
and all that is profound

No comments:

Post a Comment