Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Monday, April 20, 2015

Homesick

“I used to think it was mere homesickness, then I started getting it at home.”
― John Lennon
___________________________________

home sick
heart sick
soul sick

it is such a strange place
palm trees
thunderstorms
humidity

and flat, so flat
infested with water
everywhere

I am not home
I am clearly not home
and my heart aches
for brilliant blue
and white peaks
green upon green
fir upon pine

some of us
are terminally homesick
never quite settled
never quite in a place where we are
settled
at home

and yet
and yet
we are always at home
in the Sacred

always who and what
and where
we are supposed to be

believe it

No comments:

Post a Comment