Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, May 22, 2015

A simple stillness

To get at the core of God at his greatest, one must first get to the core of himself at his least, for no one can know God who has not first known himself.

This core is a simple stillness, which is unmoved itself but by whose immobility all things are moved and all receive life.

– Meister Eckhart
__________________________________________

I stand in the stillness of the late afternoon
darkening clouds brood
thunder rolls

lightning flashes through the gathering dark

exposed
on the wet road
as the rain falls

alone

driven within myself
down to that deep
core

that is
me

it is in this place
that I find myself again
that self so lost
so tattered
by life

and it is in this place of
storm and fury
my humanity
exposed

that
the Sacred
is most
Sacred

No comments:

Post a Comment