Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, May 31, 2015

God clapping wildly

Wherever
God lays his glance
Life starts
Clapping
                Hafiz  (The Gift, p.85)
_______________________________

my children used to talk about
the dad look

that look in my eye that would emerge
when things had gone
far
enough

I used to think that the Sacred One
was constantly giving me
that
look

tired of my erring ways

but now I know
that the Sacred
is more like a grandfather
who has trouble seeing anything wrong

with this beautiful child

and who claps wildly
at every
little
feat

No comments:

Post a Comment