Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, May 28, 2015

Where oujr prayers take us

“Go where your best prayers take you.”
― Frederick Buechner
________________________________________

today my prayers take me into grief
as I remember two friends
both tragically and quickly
dead

today my prayers take me into pain
as I offer to the sacred
the agony of those afflicted by
cancer, arthritis, heart failure
all the afflictions of
the body

today my payers take me into loneliness
as I listen to one
who is so
alone

today my prayers take me into
anger and hate
as they dominate
the social media

and dominate
the words of people
who have become fused
with darker things
and have become hate personified

today my prayers take me
into fear

O lord we are so good
at creating and nurturing fear

today my prayers will take me down many paths
rough and smooth
down into life
and into the uncertainty and darkness
and yes, at moment
into light and joy

for prayers can be of thanksgiving and joy

Oh Sacred One
Help me to go where my prayers take me
Into the grime and dirt
into those dark places

help me go to where my prayers take me
and as a carrier of the Sacred
may I take you with me
to comfort
to calm
to heal
to rejoice

No comments:

Post a Comment