Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, June 12, 2015

Come out and play

Tie yourself as a bell
To herds of mating camels
And spring flocks of clouds and birds

Tie yourself to spawning stars
And to leaping whales
In a game of tag with the Moon!
Tie yourself to everything in creation
That got poured from God’s magic hat.
                                                                Hafiz (The Gift, p. 265)
_______________________________

I am always
going along for the ride

connecting my heart and soul
to this and that

ah but I do not choose wisely
out of all the things in the world
to which I can
tie myself

I too often choose those things
That bind and hinder
And drag me into the abyss

It is my choice
I do it to myself
No one asks me
To be anxious and worried
And weighed down

But I can choose instead to
“catch the joy as it flies” (Blake)

To tie myself to the stars and moon
To the dancing wind
To the eagle that soars
To the racing clouds

I can choose to
Free my soul to enjoy
Sacred Presence

And the Sacred One is
always calling me
to come out
and 
play

No comments:

Post a Comment