Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Saturday, June 6, 2015

Slow me down

How
Should
Those who know of God
Meet and
Part?

The way
An old musician
Greets his beloved
Instrument

And will take special care,
As a great artist always does,

To enhance the final note
Of each

Performance
                                                Hafiz (The Gift, p. 151)
______________________________________________

I wander through life
much like
a hit and run driver

rushing
careless

hello
goodbye
see you later

Sacred One
slow me down
open my eyes
my heart

that I might treat
each precious soul I meet

with tender loving
care

No comments:

Post a Comment