Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, June 3, 2015

The Unquiet Mind

When
The words stop
And you can endure the silence

That reveals your heart’s
Pain

Of emptiness
Or that great wrenching-sweet longing,

That is the time to try and listen
To what the Beloved’s
Eyes

Most want
To

Say
                                Hafiz, The Gift, p 143
____________________________________

the unquiet mind
greeted me this morning
with its cacophony of words

chattering
nagging
scolding
worrying

it wanted to join me for my walk
silly thing

but this was not a time for idle chatter
and so my world became
merely
the ground beneath my feet

pebbles and rocks
wondrous patterns of gravel
scattered across wet pavement

a spiders web of cracks
potholes
worms
the slick mud
where the pavement ends

some mornings the endless chatter of the mind
just has
to
stop

so I can listen
to what Sacred
has
to

say

No comments:

Post a Comment