Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I am who I am

"I am who I am in the eyes of God, nothing more and nothing less." --Francis of Assisi
_______________________________________

I am who I am in the eyes of God

ah, but there is the catch
who am I
in the eyes of God?

seriously

this can be comforting
this can be terrifying

it all depends
on your understanding of God

some think of God and think of judgement
they may talk grace
but in reality their God is rather cruel

do this
do that
believe this
believe that
or burn in Hell for all eternity

believe in this name for Sacred
or burn in Hell for all eternity

BTW
that leaves out everyone
except those who believe the way I do

some believe Sacred is much bigger than that
and
much
kinder

God is love
God as personified by Jesus
the one who accepted and loved
everyone

how inconvenient
when you want to use God against others

but faith in Sacred
is not for the faint of heart

for in reality most of us
live in between
those two poles

we do not believe in a God who will consume over 70% of the world in eternal fire
but we also believe in accountability

in the need to live life well
lovingly

what to do?

for me there is only one choice
to start with love
acceptance

if I am going to err
it is going to be on the side of love
I would rather love too much
than hate
exclude
judge too much

the proof is in the faces
of those who stand on the street with signs that say
“God hates you”

of those who look with compassion
on those who are rejected and reviled

if I am going to err
it is going to be
on the side
of
love

No comments:

Post a Comment