Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, July 10, 2015

Open My Eyes

“One of the deepest longings of the human soul is to be seen.”
― John O'Donohue
__________________________


I walk the streets of a strange place
automatically
as if on the roads of my rural home
I raise my hand in greeting

and look into the face of those I pass

nothing
eyes down
those who pass me
do not respond

they simply walk by

I am unseen
(at some profound level)
and perhaps

they are too

there is a sense of loss
a sense of fear
and detachment
and isolation

cars roar
horns honk
the space is full

and yet
somehow
empty

how the soul yearns to be seen

and this is something we each can do
we can open our eyes
and see those around us

see them with the eyes of the soul
see them
with empathy and compassion
and
reverence

O Sacred One
open
my
eyes

No comments:

Post a Comment