Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, July 2, 2015

the one thing I know

“Faith without doubt isn’t faith; it’s cultural certainty, little more than a lifeless creed you can shout at the top of your lungs behind pulpits, write in all caps in online comment sections, and whisper under your breath like a curse whenever challenged.”
                                                                                                                Matthew Paul Turner
____________________________________

of what am I certain?

almost nothing

I used to be certain of much more
it is amazing how brilliant one is
when one is younger

but now
many miles down the road
I know that I do not know
much
at
all

especially when it comes to
things
Sacred

I have hunches
guesses
I have beliefs that have
been formed
out of sleepless nights

forged by
fear and hope
anger and joy
failure and success

but am I certain?
that my beliefs about
heaven and hell
gay marriage
global warming
and even
myself
are right?

no

all I am certain of is Sacred Presence
and Sacred Love

all I am certain of is that
the greatest desire of the Beloved
is that all
all

experience that loving presence

so if I am going to err
if I am going to be wrong
I would rather be wrong
by being too inclusive
too forgiving
too willing to accept
too compassionate

that is the only way
I can live
based on the one thing
I know

Sacred Presence
Sacred Love

If I am wrong?  Micky Dewitt says it well
“If I am wrong, than what am I guilty of? I have made my best attempts to remove barriers to the cross and I trust that God will sort out any confusion as He relates to each one of us”

Peace to all

No comments:

Post a Comment