Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, August 6, 2015

This too shall pass

“Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.”
― Jack Kornfield, Buddha's Little Instruction Book
_______________________________________________

“I wish it would end”
“I wish it would never end”

one way or another
I seem to have a problem with endings

I have a “white knuckle” spirituality
and hang on
like a frightened child
to everything

good and bad

in moments of pain and despair I convince my self
that this shall never pass

in moments of joy and peace
I hang on
trying (in vain)
to make the sun and moon stand still

“this cannot change, this will not change”

but this too does pass
all things come to an end

and in that moment
a beginning

beginnings cannot come
without endings

O Sacred One
help me to the completions
that I might with open hands, open heart open soul
find my way to your
new
thing

No comments:

Post a Comment