Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Sunday, August 16, 2015

Touching Gently

It is not the perfect
But the imperfect
That is in need of our love
                Oscar Wilde (as quoted by Jack Kornfield in Path with a Heart, p.44)
______________________________________________________

there is imperfection everywhere

I know you are surprised
but it is so

how can they be such a mess?
how can I be such a mess?

and those flaws
those weaknesses
those differences

(for often what we see as imperfection is really merely a difference)
irritate me

sometimes
I even hate them

and I would shun or destroy
I would purge

and yet
the way of healing demands
love

only when I touch those marred spots
with compassion and gentleness
can they be healed
and transformed

in love the imperfection is changed
perhaps truly transformed
perhaps transformed in my perception
(for sometimes the flaw is in the seeing)

O Lord give me love
for the dented and scratched
parts of my self
and the marred aspects of others

let me touch them gently
with the loving hand
of a restorer

No comments:

Post a Comment