Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, September 25, 2015

That Best Shitty Feeling

Receiving grace is basically the best shitty feeling in the world.  I don’t want to need it.
Preferably I could just do it all and be it all and never mess up.  That may be what I prefer, but it is never what I need.  I need to be broken apart and put back into a different shape by that merging of human and divine….
                                                                                                                Nadia Bolz-Weber, Accidental Saints, p. 180
____________________________________________________________

I am a minister
I am a counselor
I am a Kliewer (by God)

and it has been ordained
and proclaimed
that I shall be strong
and self reliant
and I shall not

I SHALL NOT
need help

I shall be the helper
I shall be the one with answers
I shall…..

Oh the hell with it

who am I fooling?
not even myself

there are so many times
that I need
love
support
help

there are so many times that I need grace

so many times I need to be taken apart
re-created

born again

oddly enough it does not take weakness
to let God
remake you

it is the most difficult thing in the world
it hurts

and it is
the greatest gift

ever

the best shitty feeling in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment