Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Treat the Children (of God) Well

If you want to know the religion of a man,
do not look at how much he prays and fasts,
rather look at how he treats people!!!
                                                Imam Ja'far al Sadiq (as)
________________________________________

it is not so much what I believe
nor what rituals I follow
nor what sacred text I read

it matters not what I wear
on a chain around my neck
or what kind of bumper sticker I put on my car

it doesn’t even matter which religion
I claim as mine

none of those things reveal
the God I truly follow

as much as whether I am kind to a hurting person
generous to one who is needy
accepting of one who is different
loving to one who is difficult
caring to one who needs healing

it matters how I treat people
for each person is
a child of God

and I am called
by the Sacred I would follow to
welcome
them

No comments:

Post a Comment