Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Just Be

being is more important than doing,
the heart is more important than the mind, and ....
caring together is better than caring alone.
                                                Henri Nouwen
________________________________________

Sometimes
I think
I have to create my own value

I have to establish my own place

I am a cipher
a deficit
in my own eyes
desperate to prove myself
to others
and to myself

and so I become a doer
and I try to show off my mind (it doesn’t really work)
and I try to be
the savior of the world!

Ok that is a bit much
but I try to be the one
people turn to
look to
listen to

and admire

ah
it is this that sacred practice
requires me to release

I must move
from frantic striving
and with open heart

learn to simply
be
me

for that is enough
that is more
than
enough

child of God

No comments:

Post a Comment