Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, October 15, 2015

No Small Gods

"Our whole unconscious is in an uproar from the God who wants to know and to be known."
Edward F. Edinger, The Creation of Consciousness: Jung's Myths for Modern Man, 86.
__________________________________________________

there is nothing wrong
with a little dis-ease

divine discontent is rarely fun
but is the ‘ants in the pants of faith” (Beuchner)

may I not be satisfied, O Sacred One

with my small self
that one who is complacent  and limited

nor with a small God
who is contained and controlled

let my God be wild, unrestrained
a little
scary

One who knows my inmost being
And can wake me up
from my slumber
and thrust me
(sometimes cursing)
into the bright light
of
awareness

raw and searching
growing
knowing

No comments:

Post a Comment