Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The nimble joyful mystery

“I need a God who is bigger and more nimble and mysterious than what I could understand and contrive. Otherwise it can feel like I am worshipping nothing more than my own ability to understand the divine.”
Nadia Bolz-Weber, Pastrix: The Cranky, Beautiful Faith of a Sinner & Saint

"O Lord, ooh, You are so big, so absolutely huge. Gosh, we're all really impressed down here, I can tell you. Forgive us, O Lord, for this, our dreadful toadying and bare-faced flattery, but You are so strong, and, well, just so super fantastic. Amen."
                                                Monty Python, “The Meaning of Life”
__________________________________________________

I’ve got my “God Box” ready

if I work hard enough
I can make God fit

Ok
I might have to trim God down a bit
get rid of the things I don’t like
or that make me uncomfortable

there is that love your enemies thing
and that “give away all that you have”
that too

and die to live?
really?

it is all so confusing

perhaps

I might have to live with the idea
that God might never
actually
fit in my box

and live with
the nimble
joyful
mystery

No comments:

Post a Comment