Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Thursday, October 29, 2015

Where does compassion come from?

"I cannot worry much about your sins and miseries when I have so many of my own. I can only love you all, poor fellow travelers, fellow sufferers. . . . My prayer from day to day is that God will so enlarge my heart that I will see you all, and live with you all, in His love."
                                                                                      Day, Dorothy Day, Selected Writings, 88.
___________________________________________________

where does compassion come from?
where does compassion live?

compassion and kindness
can only emerge
when I have wrestled in my our soul
in the depths of who I am

with my own miseries

and found there
in the context of Sacred Presence
my own comfort
and acceptance

then with heart full
“I will see you all, and live with you all,
in His love."

No comments:

Post a Comment