Welcome

Primitive religion is not believed, it is danced!

Arthur Darby Nock

Earth's crammed with heaven,
And every common bush afire with God;
And only he who sees takes off his shoes;
The rest sit round it and pluck blackberries.

Elizabeth Browning



Friday, November 13, 2015

Messed Up, Beautiful, Child of God

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going to heaven, we were all going direct the other way."
                                                                                                     Charles Dickens, A Tale of Two Cities
___________________________________________________

life happens
life is

confusing at best

am I coming?
or going?

am I good, or bad?
strong, or weak?

am I heading into heaven,
or into the great nothing?

is there a place I belong,
or am I doomed to perpetual longing?

what is true
and what is false?

about the world
about me
about the Sacred One?

or is it, perhaps
all true

I am wise and foolish
good and bad
strong and weak

I am headed to the clouds
and sliding into the fire

there is only one sure thing

this lovable disgusting loving hating
doubting, believing hoping despairing
saved cursed being

carries Sacred Presence
knows Sacred Love
is
a messed up beautiful
child
of God

No comments:

Post a Comment